Dressing for work can be a tricky topic, but I’ll break down the essentials to keep you from a work fashion faux pas. Now I know there’s no simple one size fits all when it comes to dressing for work especially considering the array of jobs we all have. However there are some key factors to consider and if you’re looking to get ahead in your career keep these simple rules in mind:
1. Save your sexy clothes (anything sheer/cropped/ tight) for the weekend.
2. Keep the “girls” tucked away, there’s no need for cleavage bearing in the office.
3. No tank tops, unless you’re pairing it with a cardigan.
4. Rock your favorite skirt, but if it’s above your knees wear a cute pair of tights (opaque or patterned).
5. Save your flip flops for the beach.
6. Dress to impress. If you want to be taken seriously, dress the part.
I’m heading into the office today and chose a menswear inspired look with a pair of trousers, a blush colored top (with cuffed sleeves) and open toed black heels. Covering up can be just as sexy as revealing it all at once!
Do you work in an office? Have you seen these rules broken in your work place?
My Look-Outfit Details