The Spring Maxi Dress. The patterns, colors and designs are endless when it comes to maxi dresses, and for me the brighter the better! With the weather starting to warm up a bit I think its only appropriate to wear a laid back California style maxi to start the week off right. One of my favorite things about the maxi is how great it looks on all body types, and if you’re wondering how to wear your maxi this spring, here are a few easy tips to remember when styling yours.
How to Wear a Maxi:
1. If your dress has no shape, create the illusion by adding a belt, jacket or a fitted sweater.
2. Your dress should be long enough to touch the ground sans shoes.
3. If you’re on the shorter side, add a pair of heels or wedges to give you some length. Otherwise you could end up looking like you’re drowning in fabric.
4. Which brings me to, choosing the right fabric. Loose flowing fabric is great, it’s light weight and perfect for those pesky temps. Just make sure there aren’t too many layers because it could end up looking heavy and bulky.
5. Lastly, like I always say, accessorize! Bracelets, necklaces, rings, an oversized bag, even the perfect wide brimmed hat or fedora could pull your whole look together! Don’t be afraid to try something new.
How do you feel about the Maxi Dress, will you be adding a few to your Spring/Summer wardrobe?!
OUTFIT DETAILS-SHOP MY LOOK
Photos by Jessica Chavez