Boyfriend jeans. This style is meant to look like you borrowed a pair of jeans straight out of your boyfriends closet. They should be a tad loose, worn in and ripped up (but not like they need to be tossed out in yesterday’s trash). How do you make loose fitting jeans look stylish and chic? Here is my go-to guide to styling boyfriend jeans!
- Choose the right pair of jeans. Just because they are called boyfriend jeans, doesn’t necessarily mean you want to wear your significant others, the shape and cut will most likely be completely wrong for your body type. Stick to the women’s section and look for a pair that sit at your waist and aren’t overly baggy.
- Cuff your jeans. Most boyfriend jeans come cuffed already, if not, add your own cuff exposing some skin. This adds a fun and exciting edge to this look.
- Wear a belt. Whether your jeans need tightening or not adding a belt will pull your look together. Make sure you stick with a color that goes with the rest of your outfit (brown with neutrals), a thicker belt is great for a daytime look.
- Tops. If casual and relaxed is for you, a simple tank top or graphic tee works great. If you’re looking to dress your look up try a buttoned up sheer top and a fitted blazer.
- Shoes. Heels are the simplest way to achieve an ultra chic and feminine look. Whether they are opened toed, kitten heels, ankle strap heels or stilettos have fun with colors and patterns!
Trying to decide what shoes and top to wear can make or break this look, but don’t let that scare you off. You might be surprised at how often you’re reaching for your boyfriend jeans instead of your skinny jeans! How do you like to style your boyfriend jeans?
OUTFIT DETAILS-SHOP MY LOOK
Shoes by Steve Madden (15% off + Free Shipping with code “APRSM1″