How to wear a poncho. Sure poncho’s can be a little intimidating, at first thought, there’s a lot of fabric and can look pretty drab but when worn the right way can look fab!! Not only are poncho’s comfortable, cozy and perfect for winter but there are so many options when it comes to styling. My favorite way to wear this trend is paired with skinny jeans, tall boots and a wool fedora. I’m also a huge fan of black and tan! I know some people frown upon this color combo but I can’t get enough. (As you can see here!)
1. Jeans. With a poncho being so big and bulky on top, wear straight leg or skinny jeans for that perfect balance on top and bottom.
2. Wear shorts. Sure it’s cold out, but add some tights, leather shorts, ankle boots and you’re good to go!
3. Layer. Wear a long sleeve white shirt under your tan poncho for added warmth. Add a pair of white jeans and tall riding boots for an instant winter chic look.
4. Leggings. If your poncho is long enough to cover your booty, wear it as a dress paired with leggings and boots.
5. Accessorize. A faux fur scarf, oversized bag, gloves and jewelery are the perfect way to dress up your look.
Photos by Arlene Ibarra