Face: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer | Urban Decay Naked Foundation | Contour Kit | Japonesque Setting SprayEyes: Gilded Gold Palette (Colors Used-Bone, Lustre & Starlet) | Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara | Mally Waterproof Eyeliner | Brushes: IT Blending Brush | IT Sculpting Brush | Polish: Whim Pink/Purple Collection | Clear Top Coat
Hair: VIBRANCE by Vanessa Balli (Click for your Free Sample!)
Hello Ladies and Hello Spring!!! I feel like the weather changed just in time my skin was starting to feel really dry and I was over the cold!! I’m so excited to finally rock some of the fun Spring trends I’ve been seeing all over Pinterest and my favorite magazines, starting with makeup. Because let’s be honest, we don’t feel fully put together unless we have a little bit of makeup on and our hair done!
I recently had the pleasure of visiting the newest Ulta store in San Diego and I can’t tell you enough how much I loved it! Not only because of the amazing high end makeup brands, but because they also carry drugstore brands like Ardell which are my ALL TIME Favorite false lashes (#120). Angie, one of the makeup artists at Ulta, showed me the latest obsessions and Spring 15 trends which is what I used to create my look!
Top 5 Spring Trends
1. Filter. Think, beautiful glowing skin plus highlighting and contouring. If you want to look thinner this is the tool for you and I for one am a HUGE fan! This is the best way to bring out your features and really make them pop. I used the Ulta Contour Kit to contour the hollows of my cheeks, temples, jawline and nose. I used the highlight color on the bridge of my nose, top of cheeks, center of forehead and chin. Don’t worry if you’ve never contoured before, there is an extremely easy step by step guide!
2. Ethereal Eyes. All about that shimmer. Think smokey eye but with metallics, bronze, and golds. I used the Gilded Gold palette on my lids. I incorporated Bone, Lustre and Starlet to create a soft shimmery look, perfect for a daytime look.
3. Not So Nude Lips. Think of your natural lip color just enhanced with soft shades of pinks, peaches and rose.
4. Blackest Black. I’m a huge fan of black liner, I wear it every day. You could say I’m obsessed, so I was excited to see this was one of the trends. You don’t usually think black when you think of Spring but done the right way, a little flick, or smudged liner, and you’re ready for a night out.
5. Short and Shiny. Nail polish. If you’re like me, you have a ton of nail polishes and they are most likely in a container under your sink. I love switching up brands and colors especially choosing softer shades for Spring.
What’s your favorite Spring Trend for 2015?
Thank you to Ulta at the 4S Commons Town Center and Angie for showing me the new Spring 15′ trends! It’s easy to get stuck in a makeup routine but with the changing seasons it’s a good idea to play with different makeup looks. I for one am very excited about all five of these trends, but the ethereal look has got to be my favorite!!
Ulta is also having their “21 Days of Beauty” special going on right now. A new deal everyday for 21 days…yes please!!!!